Spring Has Sprung
Longer days and warmer weather are reason enough for celebration, but I’m throwing spring a big old party for other reasons too.
- My spring shoes are much cuter than my winter boots.
- I’m tired of getting the kids dressed in snow pants, boots, coats, scarves, hats, and gloves, only for them to get outside and complain that it’s too cold and they want to play inside.
- No more worrying about convoluted patchwork back-up care plans in case there’s a snow day.
- I don’t have to fear white-outs on the commute home.
- No snow delays on the commute home means less stressing about getting home in time to feed, bathe, and read to the kids.
- No more long weekend days stuck inside; after 83 rounds of hide-and-seek we always run out of hiding places.
- The countdown to summer vacation has begun in earnest.
But really, it’s mostly about the shoes.