Ten Things I’m Looking Forward to this Spring
I thought about writing a top ten things I hate about winter list, but I’m trying to keep things more positive. So even though we’re still buried in snow, and the temperature today is about 10 degrees, I’m looking forward to warmer weather and longer days.
1. No more dry skin. My whole family suffers with brutally dry skin all winter and I’m looking forward to not have to keep trying to find the perfect, all natural moisturizer.
2. Trips to the farm. We have a small farm (and ice cream shop!) very close to our house. I look forward to being able to stop by after school or in the evening to visit with the animals and kill some time and little boy energy before bed.
3. The CSA. We found a great whole body CSA where we get not only produce, but meat, dairy and grains and I’m looking forward to starting that up again. It also doesn’t hurt that the pick up is also on a farm so gives us a brief outing once a week.
4. Playing basketball in the driveway after school, before dinner.
5. Sunshine…I’m looking forward to warm sunshine.
6. That first semi-warm day….when everyone comes outside to eat lunch or enjoy a cup of coffee…and the promise of warmer weather and summer is clear.
7. Iced coffee
8. Garlic scapes. I can’t wait for them to appear in our CSA box.
9. Watching my boys on their old swing set…listening to where they are flying to on the teeter-totter.
10. Not having to keep track of mittens any more. Max is on his third pair this winter.