10 Toddler Toys on My Christmas List
The holiday shopping season is now in high gear for me and I’m working on my son’s Christmas list of toddler toys. A challenge I face with Owen is that he has a lot of his sister’s hand-me-down toys that have lasted. He really doesn’t need many. If Olivia wasn’t monitoring, I would simply wrap and give the toys waiting for him in the basement. But it’s also fun to find new ones that meet his interests and will engage him through the coming year.
Top 10 Toddler Toys Christmas List
1. The playMAT by Prince Lionheart. I never would have thought of a playmat for my 2 year old but I saw this one in The Paper Store catalog and loved the idea. It’s a city street on one side which is perfect for the millions of cars, trains and trucks he likes to drive around the living room. And on the back is a dinosaur land (there is also one with a farm and an alphabet version). Plus it folds up so we can stow it away when he’s done playing.
2. Animal Planet’s Big Tub of Dinosaurs. Naturally, he’s going to need some dinosaurs to use on the flip side for endless hours of pretend. And I have a sneaking suspicion my 7 year old daughter is going to love these too.
3. Radio Flyer Grow and Go Bike. My husband found this one and it’s perfect for our active toddler.
4. Twist & Drill. Technically this is not on my toddler toys Christmas list because we already got this for his birthday in October. But it’s such a great toy that I wanted to share it.
5. Little People. Little People have stood the test of time in our house. My daughter got a couple of used play sets from a friend when she was a toddler and our collection has expanded over the years. Recently, both kids have been playing pretend together with our Little People which makes me think it’s time for a few new ones. These superhero Little People are adorable.
6. Learning Toys – Geometric Sorting Board & Tobbles. Owen’s toddler teachers recently sent me a photo of him playing with stacking pegboards. I loved the simplicity of the toy and found these two award-winning learning toys with great parent reviews.
7. Children’s Books by Mo Willems. I always give children’s books as gifts for the holidays. When I saw these books at the store, I remembered how much my nephews enjoyed the Elephant & Piggie books when they were young. I know Owen will love these.
8. Musical Instruments for Kids. Owen loves everything about music – listening, dancing, marching, playing. We already have a lot of toy instruments from Olivia’s collection but one or two more can’t hurt. Last week, he was having a blast playing my brother’s guitar. I found this super cute banjo that I think he would love but it’s on the pricier side. So it’s a maybe for now.
9. Crayola Washable Paint. I often use gift-giving holidays to replenish our art supplies. Crayola washable paint is a must have for my toddler. We already have the Mouse Paint book but I highly recommend it as a complement to paint – it teaches all about primary colors and how to mix them into other colors.
10. Photo Placemat, Plate & Cup. I also like to give practical gifts that we need for the house. For example, my daughter got a potty seat and potty books for her 3rd birthday. I stumbled upon these adorable photo gifts and got a set for Owen and Olivia.
How about you? What’s on your toddler toy gift list?