5 Really Good Crock Pot Recipes
It’s the time of year again where I can resurrect my crock pot love affair. I took a break over the summer but now that the leaves are changing, the temperature is cooling down and school has started again, the crock pot has come up from the basement to help me prepare no fuss, easy recipes that
my whole family loves my husband and I really like (because my kids don’t seem to eat anything!).
Some of these meals were prepared ahead of time and frozen, then dumped in the crock pot without even defrosting. My mom, sister and I got together one Sunday and shopped for and prepped all the meals together. It’s a great way to get a lot done in a shorter amount of time.
Here are five really good crock pot recipes.
5 Slow Cooker Recipes for Busy Families
1. Pork Chops with Apples: This is what we’re having for dinner tonight. We’ve gotten a lot of pork and a lot of apples from our CSA and I think they make a great combination. I actually put the pork in frozen since I forgot to take it out of the freezer last night and plan to cook it a bit longer than the recipe calls for.
2. Slow Cooker BBQ Spareribs: I served these with egg noodles and a side of veggies.
3. Crock Pot Applesauce: I served this for an extended family dinner and two different people said it was the best applesauce they’ve ever had.
4. Tomato Sauce: Between our CSA and my own garden, we had a TON of tomatoes this summer. I made this and used my immersion blender right in the crock pot instead of a food mill. My experiment with canning did not go very well at all, but that’s a blog post for another day.
5. Black Bean Chicken Tacos: Oddly enough, one of the things my kids do eat is tacos, especially if you break up the shell and serve them nacho style. We pretty much always have the ingredients for this on-hand so it’s become a go-to dinner for those weeks we might be stretching our grocery shopping another day or two.
There are some other good recipes on the Bright Horizons Online Community, and I’m always looking for more, so please, please share any good ones you’ve found.