A Busy Mom’s “I’ll Be Thankful If…” List
This year, I don’t care if my Thanksgiving meal is perfect. I’m not worried about whether the house will be immaculate and the table set just so. I have different aspirations for the Thanksgiving holiday this time around. Here’s my list of things I’m hoping to be thankful for.
I’ll Be Thankful If…
1. There is more laughter than crying or whining.
2. My kids agree to skip pasta for one meal and fill their bellies with any of the seven (non-pasta) dishes I’m preparing.
3. My house is still standing at the end of the night.
4. I am still standing at the end of the night.
5. The 11 kids, who will range in age from 1 to 13, can agree on a post-dinner DVD.
6. The 12 adults, whose ages I will keep to myself, can agree that it’s okay for the kids to watch a DVD after dinner.
7. There’s enough food left over to feed my family the next day so I don’t have to think about cooking (all the more so if there’s enough food to last the weekend but I don’t want to be greedy).
And if none of the above comes to pass, I will be immensely thankful and it will be more than enough if everyone in attendance is healthy and happy. Happy Thanksgiving from my home to yours!
- E-family news: Thanksgiving Lessons for Children – Celebrating Gratitude & Family
- Bright Horizons Online Community: Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
- Bright Horizons Online Community: What Are Your Children Thankful For?
- Read more posts about Thanksgiving and posts about working parents from the Family Room bloggers