A Mother’s Day Tradition: My Keepsake Activity
Every year on Mother’s Day my mom would tell me and my siblings that all she wanted was “peace, love and happiness.” We couldn’t understand why she didn’t want a new bathrobe or something else cool like that. As a mom, I finally get it.
Peace, love and happiness is just about the perfect mom’s day gift. That and a little recognition that maybe – just maybe – I am doing okay as a mom. That’s why I love this fun Mother’s Day activity I’ve been doing the past 3 years with Olivia (age 6).
I love going back and reading her 4 year old answers and 5 year old ones compared to this year. I’m surprised at how some answers have persisted – she really loves my spaghetti sauce – while others have resurfaced from two years ago.
If you want to do this activity with your own child, I created a Mother’s Day Activity template so you can print it and either you or child can fill it out. You can just call me…awesome. *grin – see answer 1 below*
Mother’s Day Keepsake Activity for Kids – Olivia (Age 6)
- My mom is…awesome.
- I really love it when my mom…cooks.
- My mom likes to wear…yellow.
- My mom always tells me…I love you.
- The best thing she does is…puts me to bed.
- It makes her happy when…I kiss her. (still so true!)
- My mom loves to relax by…the tv.
- I like it when she…plays with me.
- The best thing she cooks is…spaghetti and meatballs.
- When my mom shops she likes to buy…cereal.
- My mom’s favorite household chore is…nothing. (finally she got this one right!)
- My mom’s favorite TV show is…Top Chef.
- If she could go on a trip, she would go to…Hawaii. (sign me up!)
- I love my mom because she loves…me.
What answers do you kids have? Share your answers!