Back to School Shopping: Thrift Shop Edition
My New Year’s resolution of only buying my boys’ clothes at consignment or thrift shops hasn’t been 100% successful, but I’m doing pretty well. I’m finding that used boys’ clothes in sizes 3 and 4 are almost non-existent. Perhaps all boys are as hard on their clothes as mine are. However, I did have a successful shopping trip to my new favorite thrift shop this past weekend.
There is a crop of Savers stores popping up all over. These thrift shops benefit different charities so not only are you saving money, but you’re contributing to a good cause. The one near my house benefits the Epilepsy Foundation, which is a cause near and dear to me.
Back to School Shopping Wins from the Thrift Shop
Here’s the haul I came back with:
- 11 pairs of pants (this may seem excessive, but potty training is not going so well so we need LOTS of extras)
- An LL Bean fleece
- A swim shirt and bathing suit for next year
- A Gap hooded sweatshirt
- A Vineyard Vines sweater (a steal at $1.50!)
- A fleece jacket for the Fall
- 2 games
- A vintage Holly Hobby sheet…just like the one I had when I was a little girl. Crafty Mom, I’ll have to pick your brain on what to do with this.
The cost for all of this back to school shopping trip? $68! Thank you Savers thrift shop!
Have you started your back to school shopping? Where do you like to find clothes for your rugged boys and girls? Share your cost-saving tips in the comments section.