Celebrating Pride Month
There are a lot of things Bright Horizons stands for. But one thing stands out: everyone is welcome.
Happy Pride Month! Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our culture here at Bright Horizons, and we take great pride in supporting the vibrant and diverse LGBTQ community. From our corporate offices to our child care centers all across the world, we’re proud of what makes our employees and families unique, and we celebrate our differences every day.
In recognition of Pride Month, we recently donned our most colorful attire and attended pride parades in cities across the country – including our very own, Boston, MA.
Among the marching ranks were some small-but-mighty supporters, like this one.
View this post on Instagram
Parades and public festivities are just one way to show your support for the LGBTQ community – but how can you incorporate inclusion into your everyday life, and also model that behavior for your little ones?
Resources to Help Teach Kids about Diversity & Inclusion
We’ve rounded up some helpful resources that you can lean on as you explore diversity, inclusion, and empathy with your family.
- Diverse family structures are more common and children will ask questions about non-traditional families. Learn simple ways to teach children about diverse families.
- Even if you don’t live in an obviously diverse area, there are still ways you can ensure that you and your family remain socially aware. Here are five ideas for seeking out and celebrating diversity in and out of your community.
- Are you setting the stage for your child to grow into a kind, empathetic adult? Watch our webinar to learn how you can encourage your child to embrace diversity, show kindness, and respect others.
- Explore children’s books that can help teach cooperation, empathy, and respect.
- Learn how to respond to your child’s questions about differences.
Bright Horizons wishes everyone a safe and happy Pride Month!