Family Recipes: Chinese Fried Rice
Tired of white rice as a side dish? Spice it up! Try Nourish Mom’s recipe for Chinese fried rice. It’s a healthy way to make a quick meal out of leftover white rice (brown rice works, too!) you may have in the refrigerator.
- 2-4 cups cooked rice
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3-4 scallions
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Soy sauce
NOTE: Frozen chopped veggies can be used to replace fresh if you don’t have a lot of prep time.
- Chop the vegetables.
- Heat a large saucepan or wok on medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- Crack the eggs and scramble them in the pan. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil, broccoli, and carrots to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the scallions, peas, corn, and garlic. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until veggies are heated through.
- Add the cooked rice and cooked eggs. Stir in soy sauce to taste. Cook 1-2 minutes until mixture is heated to desired temperature.