Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Back to School – Making the morning routine more routine?

Home Forums Parenting Kindergarten & School Age Back to School – Making the morning routine more routine?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Karrie Triola Karrie Triola 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Toya C
    Participant

Back to school time is a bit chaotic in our household – my head is spinning! With one child in public school, needing to catch the bus and the younger two in child care, getting everyone out of the house in the morning has been a challenge. It’s only the first week and I’m missing my more lax summer days when all my children went to the same caregiver during the week.

Do you all have tips on how to make the morning routine less chaotic? How do you juggle getting everyone (including yourself!) fed and out the door on time?

It may sounds simple, but doing something as easy as laying out everyone’s clothes the night before makes the morning a little bit easier. Don’t just plan the outfits out in your mind, physically lay them out. It’s one less thing to think about when you’re in the midst of the morning rush!

Caty Trio
    Participant

Hi Toya! Bright Horizons has a couple great resources on this very topic. Both articles are from our weekly parenting publication, e-family news. I hope you find the tips helpful in establishing some more calm to your busy mornings!

I do as much as possible the night before – laying out clothes for my son and for me, and pack homework, jacket, etc. and place near my bag so I don’t forget anything on the way out.  I also try and do some crockpot cooking and/or cook a couple of meals on Sunday for the week so weeknights are a little less stressful.  It doesn’t always work 100% every week, but I think if you’re even a little bit prepared the night before for the next day, it makes life a little easier. I’ve never been a morning person!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.