Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Back-to-school time already?

Home Forums Early Education Back-to-school time already?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of daniela proca daniela proca 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Toya C
    Participant

I feel like the stores are pushing back-to-school time earlier and earlier each year! While out shopping with my kids the other day, I saw the whole school supplies set-up in Target…and even stranger to me, a lot of people were rifling through those bins!

It got me wondering if I’m behind on the process – should I be starting the back-to-school shopping now? When do you all start getting your kids (and yourself!) ready for September? Do you start this early?

Keep an eye on those bins you mentioned – sometimes notebooks, pencils, and other "essentials" are on sale now while it is still early. That is usually the only reason I would buy anything at this point. Granted, there is nothing worse than the Labor Day back-to-school aisle frenzy. If there are basics you know you will need get them now and avoid the over-priced chaos in a month!

That being said, I usually don’t put my son through that process during the summer, and only go when I am out by myself. No need to ruin what he has left of summer. I also like to wait and see if his teachers give out a supplies list, which makes the process simpler.

A great anytime activity for older kids is publishing their own book; creativity, writing, reading, drawing, painting, research skills will all come into play! Check out kidpub press and a new book (Baby Bopp The Rising Cop) released by a former Bright Horizons student. (Alexandra Maria Proca, sister of Adrian in P2)..
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.