Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Choosing a new pediatrician

Home Forums Family Health & Wellness Choosing a new pediatrician

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dasia Dasia 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alicia
    Alicia

My kids’ pediatrician is leaving the practice and unfortunately, I don’t love the other doctor who is still there. I need to go about finding a new pedi for my children, but I’m not really sure how to start! Has anyone done this recently? Are there questions I should ask or qualifications I should seek while searching?

Profile photo of Dasia
    Dasia

The AAP has a great site you can use to begin your search for a doctor in your area. Here is a link.

Profile photo of Macy
    Macy

Asking about how many doctors are in the practice is important…it’s always good to have back-up options if your provider isn’t available. Also, ask the practice how they handle non-regular-hours care. If your kids are sick on the weekends, are they on-call? Are they open on weekends? All important things to consider.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.