Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

De-stressing during the holidays

Home Forums Parenting General Parenting De-stressing during the holidays

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dasia Dasia 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I love this time of year but inevitably I start getting stressed out when December hits and I haven’t made a dent (or even a start) on my to do list. This year I am trying to keep it all in perspective and vow to make some changes so I can enjoy the holidays. You can read my list in my latest blog post – How to Enjoy the Holidays with Family?

But I could use some advice and support about accomplishing these or other ideas for de-stressing during the holidays.

Profile photo of Dasia
    Dasia

Online shopping! That’s how I cross a lot of the holiday "to-do’s" off my list around this time of year. No need to make the shopping experience any harder than it is with two little ones running around. It definitely helps keep my stress level just a little bit lower. :smileyhappy:

Profile photo of Alicia
    Alicia

I think it’s a good time of year to remind ourselves, as moms, that we can’t always be everything to everybody. We need to manage our own expectations of ourselves! I host the holidays for my family, so one tangible way I’ve started to keep my sanity is by allowing others to help with the hosting duties. If people offer to bring things, I absolutely let them. People are eager to help each other, especially at this time of year, so we can all do our part to keep each other sane! Don’t be afraid to ask others for help if you’re feeling overwhelmed.

Profile photo of Heather
    Heather
    Participant

Make a list and try to accomplish one thing on the list each day – or every other day.  If all you have to get done on Monday is shop online for one gift, or organize one room, it feels much more reasonable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.