Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Donating baby gear, clothes and products

Home Forums Parenting Infant Donating baby gear, clothes and products

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Megan Poole Megan Poole 5 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JT
    JT

My youngest child is 3 months old and he will be our family’s last child. As he outgrows his clothes, toys, etc. I’d love to donate them somewhere so that they can be put to good use. Are there good venues to donate gently used baby items?

There is always the Salvation Army or Goodwill, but another good option is Once Upon a Child. It’s a resale shop that will give you a little money for what you bring in (clothes, accessories, toys, furniture, anything!). Another good place to donate is a church. Many churches have nurseries but don’t really have a budget for extras. They tend to operate on donations. Hope this helps!!

Profile photo of Macy
    Macy

Great tip, megpoole7!

Toya C
    Participant

There are really convenient Goodwill drop boxes located across my town – I’m sure it’s the case for you, too. Check near local pharmacies, grocery stores or churches.

Profile photo of Kiran So
    Kiran So

Isis in Prudential has a dropbox where you can drop off gently used items for a "store" for local families in need that require baby supplies but cannot afford it.  I’ll double check, but my Great Beginnings teacher at Isis mentioned that to us.

Check with your center as well, we just completed a clothing, toy and toiletry drive for a domestic abuse/homeless shelter, Safe House Denver, we collected items at the school and I am bringing them down to the agency next week,  I know several other BH centers are doing similar projects so check with your PAG Parent or Director at the school

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.