Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Early Childhood Education and Progressive Education Professional Development

Home Forums Early Education Early Childhood Education and Progressive Education Professional Development

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Juan Ramirez Juan Ramirez 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    My name is Juan Eugenio Ramirez and I am writing on behalf of the Sarah Lawrence College Child Development Institute.  We are offering professional development opportunities, coming up in April, June, and July, for educators and other education professionals in the areas of progressive education and early childhood development.  Please visit our site http://www.slc.edu/cdi/ and search the link to the left of the page, "Professional Development Programs".

April 5-6: Faces of Progressive Education in the 21st Century: Infancy Through College
    This conference provides a forum for articulation and discussion of progressive education’s opportunities and challenges impacting children from birth to college.

June 23-27: Fascilitating Play
    Participants explore uses of play in learning and therapeutic contexts as well as approaches to serving as a "playworker" in a range of settings, including outdoor parks, children’s museums, and hospitals.

July 15-19: Empowering Teachers
    A rigorous professional development week consisting of panels and workshops conducted by leading professionals in the fields of education and child development.

The summer programs will offer graduate credit for those who are interested.  Feel free to call or email with any questions, (914) 394-2630 or cdi@sarahlawrence.edu. or email me directly.  Thank you.

Best,
    Juan Eugenio Ramirez
    Graduate Assistant
    Child Development Institute
    Sarah Lawrence College

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.