Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Educational iPad games for kids

Home Forums Early Education Educational iPad games for kids

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Adrienne Isaacs Adrienne Isaacs 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Macy
    Macy

Hi! My kids (preschooler and first grader) love playing on our family’s iPad, so I’m always looking for new apps to download. I like to choose games for them that have an educational slant whenever possible, and the app store typically has some good options.

Anyone have suggestions for good iPad apps for kids? What’s your child’s favorite?

my daughter loves the monkey preschool lunchbox game. i think it has some great skill-builders in there: shapes, counting, letter recognition, and more. the animation is really cute too.

Profile photo of Macy
    Macy

Thanks! I’ll check that one out.

Shape Builder and Tozzle are popular ones with my toddler. He likes to drag the shapes into the matching slots. He also enjoys the simple drawing apps like Doodle Buddy. Apps like this are great for the car or waiting in restaurants.

Caty Trio
    Participant

Bright Horizons recently posted an article from on the Bright Horizons Google+ page that lists “30+ Best iPhone Apps for Kids“. The article gives descriptions of all of the apps, the age group they are meant for, as well as which devices you can download them to (iPhone, iPad, etc.). There might be a few good options for you to check out!

My son playing Fractions. Smart pirate. He would have difficulty with math problems. Now his math is improving and loving math at the same time.
    Also I recommend Natural Science for Kids. City of Light. This app can help kids learning Optic and Light Phenomena.

Mary
    Mary
    Participant

My kids like all sorts of aps.  The one my 2 1/2 year old is into right now is called preschool memory.  Basically it is electronic memory.  The advantage is, every time there is a match, the ipad says what the match is.  My son then says the word back (just something he does).  It’s amazing how much better he has gotten at this.

My 5 year old recently got into Sudoku.  You may laugh but she really enjoys it and especially likes the reward of getting the numbers to be the right color when she is right

Other favorites include Cookie Doodle, Candy Doodle, Angry Birds, Swampy, Cut the Rope (which happens to be in the 30+ Apps list), Fruit Ninja and Find It.

Profile photo of Macy
    Macy

Some of these sound like they’d be perfect for my kids. I’ll go download them now. Thanks, everyone! And if you come across more, please be sure to share. I’ll do the same!

Profile photo of Colleen
    Colleen

If your child likes art and drawing, here are a few good apps from lilsugar.com: "5 Drawing Apps for Budding Artists"

And there is also one beatiful game for children – Math flowers for mommy. It’s fun educaional math game! Help a little girl pick flowers while she rides her bike. TILT the device to move bike left or right. Be careful, watch out for stones and curious hedgehogs – don’t run into them!

My son like it!

http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/math-flowers-for-mommy/id503517801?mt=8

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.