Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Exercising during pregnancy

Home Forums Parenting Pregnancy Exercising during pregnancy

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Karrie Triola Karrie Triola 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone! I’ve always been an avid runner, but at this point in my pregnancy I’m in need of new ways to exercise. Are there any work-out activities that you’d recomment? What worked for you?

When I was pregnant with my son, I enjoyed swimming as a form of really good exercise. I’m lucky that my gym had a pool right on site. I also took a pre-natal yoga class that was great!

I was always a runner, too! I was able to keep up with some light running early in my pregnancy, but as time went on I switched over to brisk walking. I found it to be a little easier on my knees. After the baby was born, we went on these long walks together! It was a great way to start losing the baby weight until I built up to my normal running routine again.

Mary
    Mary
    Participant

I was really into working out with my 1st but by 3 months I was SO exhausted I couldn’t even think of working out.  And so went both my pregnancies.  However, my father is an OBGYN has had many patients that exercise right up until delivery.  In fact, one patient, an avid runner (a mother of friend of mine from high school which is why I know this), used to run 6 miles everyday – with all NINE pregnancies.  Basically if you are in good shape and have the energy, there is no reason to stop doing what you love (unless your physician tells you otherwise).  If you are too tired though, you can stick to walking or yoga – activities that keep you strong but can be adjusted based on your comfort level.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.