Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Exercising outside with the whole family

Home Forums Family Health & Wellness Exercising outside with the whole family

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Toya C 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Macy
    Macy

Now that the spring weather is starting and we can get outside again, I’m looking for ways to get my family exercising together. We’ve gone on walks together, but are there other ideas for getting the whole family moving? Would love to hear how others do this. I have a preschooler and a first grader.

Toya C
    Participant

Family hikes are a good way to get some fresh air, exercise and a change of scenery! But, if you don’t live near any trails…an easy way to get kids and parents moving is yard work. Everyone can be assiged a job. And, you’ll be getting family chores done at the same time.

Caty Trio
    Participant

Hi MsMacy2.  Linda Mason, one of the founders of Bright Horizons, recently recorded a quick video on fitness ideas for families. This video may give you some good tips on ways your family can get some exercise together.

Parenting with Linda Mason: Making Family Fitness Fun

Ruth
    Ruth
    Participant

How about outdoor games like kickball or soccer?  Your kids might also enjoy a backyard obstacle course or a nature scavenger hunt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.