Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Family car trips and travelling with kids!

Home Forums Family Fun & Activities Family car trips and travelling with kids!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Carolyn Cope Carolyn Cope 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Macy
    Macy

My kids and I spend a lot of time in the car during the summer visiting family who live about 2 hrs away. By this point in the summer, I’m beginning to run out of ideas of ways to keep my kids entertained on these rides. I have a preschool age son and a daughter about to be in 1st grade. Anyone have good ideas for staying entertained in the car? Aside from sing-a-longs and video games!!

We recently went on a 6 hour car trip with my 3 year old son. Since he needed to practice his cutting. I printed up a bunch of clip art of different shapes and gave him some safety scissors.  He then got to fill his "treasure chest"  shoe box with all his shapes.  I let him make a huge mess and when we stopped for gas threw out all the scraps.

Another idea I saw that I thought was great was getting an old metal cookie sheet and a bunch of magnetic letters. Have them practice spelling out the things they see on the trip, like Cow or Car etc…The cookie sheet is the perfect size for their lap and is great for keeping their stuff from sliding off because of the raised edges.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.