Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Food Quality at Daycare

Home Forums Family Health & Wellness Food Quality at Daycare

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Esther Song 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Esther Song
    Participant

Hi,

I am a mom to a beautiful one year old and send my child to BH in the Seattle area. My daughter recently moved up to the toddler room, so off formula into actual food. So far, I have been feeding her home prepared food, but started recently looking at the menu because I work full-time. I asked about some of the brands and ingredients used on the menu and must say I’m not too thrilled given the second mortgage I am paying in the form of tuition. While they do provide fresh fruits, some of the menu items are far from healthy:

“Fruit bars” are actually nutri-grain bars that have high fructose corn syrup and very little fruit. Cheerios is sugar. Muffins (most store-bought ones) are actually cupcakes without the icing.

I think America generally has a problem with food quality but would like to start here to see if others agree and what we can do to change this.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.