Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Gender-neutral baby room theme

Home Forums Parenting Infant Gender-neutral baby room theme

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Karrie Triola Karrie Triola 6 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nala
    Nala

With my older child, we found out the gender early on in pregnancy but with our second baby we’ve decided to have it be a surprise. For me, this is fun and exciting in just about every way except when it comes to thinking about getting the baby’s room ready! We have a spare guestroom with white walls tha we’ll be turning into the nursery in a few months and I am stumped when it comes to deciding on a good gender-neutral theme or color scheme for the room. Any ideas?

I think pale greens, grays and yellows are always a safe bet. They set a good base color for the room that you can punch up with accessories and more decorating pieces later.

Or, consider going with a neutral theme like animals. There’s lots of cute zoo and farm themed baby room gear out there that’s perfect for either a boy or a girl’s room. Have fun!

Profile photo of

I wish I could embrace being surprised! I’m jealous! 🙂

My friend recently waited to find out and did all the accessories and secondary color in brown. She went to Benjamin Moore and selected a pink and blue color that she liked. Once she had her son – she had her husband paint the room the blue she’d selected and ordered a blue lamp shade from Pottery Barn. The room looks like it was professionally done. check out restoration hardware for some inspiration.

Otherwise, I would vote go with cream and like the other poster suggested, punch it up with some bring accessories. GL!

We didn’t find out the gender with both our children. When we painted the nursery with our first we used pale purple and light green (plus a splash of orange). We had 2 dogs – a labrador retriever and pointer – so we painted a border across the top of the outlines of the 2 dogs along with paw prints and bones. Then we decorated the rest of the room after our daughter was born with pinks, purples and greens to tie in the wall color.

With our 2nd, we had already moved out our daughter into a new room so we just re-used the baby room. We still haven’t really added much boy decorative touches yet – 10 months later. Oh the 2nd child always get shortchanged!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.