Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Getting an Infant to Eat Food

Home Forums Parenting Infant Getting an Infant to Eat Food

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mary
    Mary
    Participant

My sisters breastfed son is 7 months old and refusing to eat food. She started offering it at 6 months (per her pediatricians recommendation and honestly mine too since as a nursing mom, I also waited the full 6 months per various health professional recommendations).  But here he is, not interested in food.  She’s tried homemade food, jarred food, waiting 3 days in between types, not waiting 3 days.  I’ve given her a bunch of tips but not much seems to interest him more than breastmilk.  Any suggestions or tricks?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Our daughter did not want to eat at first, either. It took about two weeks.

I think what worked really well in our case was to have her watch others eat, especially little infants. We made sure she watched us grown ups eat and others eat, and eventually she figured out that she wanted to eat, too.

I think she will eventually grow into it but it may take a bit of patience from mom and family.

Has she tried using expressed breast milk to mix rice cereal?  Having the familiar smell and taste might make it more palatable starting out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.