Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Going stir crazy on maternity leave

Home Forums Parenting Infant Going stir crazy on maternity leave

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of   3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nala
    Nala

I’m home on maternity leave with my new little one, which is wonderful, but I’ve started to go a bit stir crazy. When I had my older daughter, it was summer so it was so much easier to go out with the baby and do things. Does anyone have ideas for winter time maternity leave excuses to get out of the house with an infant? I can only clean the house so many times!

Profile photo of

I had my daughter last winter and felt the same way! It’s not easy to find things to do with an infant when the weather is so cold. I got some good advice from people here. I’ll share the link to my conversation thread so you can see it: http://community.brighthorizons.com/t5/Infant/Winter-weekend-activities-with-an-infant/m-p/2722#M132

Baby yoyga was really great. They had a lot of winter sessions in my area and it was a good way to bond with my daughter.

Profile photo of Dasia
    Dasia

When I was on maternity leave, I tried to make a point to go out at least once per day. I know what you mean about stir craziness! Things I used to do were lunches/coffee with friends…even those who were working…it’s not too hard to set up a quick lunch with them during the workday, take trips to the local library with my then toddler in tote, walk around the indoor mall, etc.

Profile photo of Kristin D.
    Kristin D.
    Participant

I looked for neighborhood mom groups and forced myself to sign up. I’m not a joiner, but it was really nice to have a ready group of other people who weren’t working all day. Also library story times and drop-in classes at the kid stores in my neighborhood were great. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.