Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Good music for children?

Home Forums Family Fun & Activities Good music for children?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Elizabeth Wardinski Elizabeth Wardinski 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author

My two boys love music of all kinds and routinely ask for Coldplay, Dan Zanes or Radiohead when we get in the car? We’re prepping for a long car trip in a few months and need to add more music to our iPod. What musicians (either children’s or adult) do your kids love?

Amy
    Amy
    Participant

My daughter loves Dan Zanes as well. Some of her other favorites are Laurie Berkner, Dave Matthews Band, and reggae. I think the beat and rhythms of reggae and world music are fun for kids (and tolerable for adults on a long car journey).

My kids LOVE old Disney music from classics like The Little Mermaid, The Lion King and Aladdin.

We share a lot of the music that we enjoy:  The Police, Foo Fighters and a lot of world music.

We have found our local library a great source for checking out CD for children.  It gives us a great diversity in music without spending a fortune!  Those old Peter, Paul, and Mary CD are some of our favorites.

I so agree – these are wonderful CD and we have listened to them since my daughter was 2 years old and still today at age 7 they are some of her favorites.

The Bright Space CD’s 1 and 2 are FANTASTIC! I listen to them even when my nieces and nephews aren’t in the car. You can even preview them on Amazon (links below). The bonus is that a portion of the proceeds benefits the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children!

Bright Spaces – Children’s Music to Benefit the Foundation

Bright Spaces 2 – Family Music to Benefit Children in Crisis

Owl City is great for children and adults, Fireworks by Katy Perry, Safety Dance, Ghost Buster movie theme song are what my children love.

We love Frances England and Caspar Babypants. The music is very enjoyable for children and adults! oh and I almost forgot – The Missing Piece.

Hey so I know your car trip must be long past… but hey I thought I’d respond anyway since who doesn’t love collecting new music all year round anyway? :-P…. So our favs are Putamayo World Playground, Hot Peas N’ Butter, Laurie Berkner, and of course an oldie but goodie: Raffi !!!.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.