Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

How can working parents practice mindfulness?

Home Forums Parenting General Parenting How can working parents practice mindfulness?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Wong 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lindsay
    Lindsay
    Keymaster

This afternoon we hosted a parent webinar: Striking a Balance: The Work/Life Equation. Our guest speakers Drs. Marti and Erin Erickson from Mom Enough made a good point about work-life balance; they said, “If you’re doing well, you’re not always worrying about your children at work OR [vice versa] work when you’re with your children.”

But how can you be more present whether you’re at home or on the job? Drs. Marti and Erin recommended this strategy: “Try to find a little bit of joy in everyday activities.”

What’s one part of your day – even if it’s just a mini moment – when you feel joy?

• This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Lindsay Lindsay.
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Lindsay Lindsay.

Laura Wong
    Participant

Drop-off at childcare (on a good day) gets my day started on the right foot. My daughter runs into her center and is so eager to see her friends and teachers (okay, for her morning snack, too). This helps to assure me that my daughter is having fun all day allowing me to focus on my work. And even on bad days, seeing my daughter run for her mama with open arms is my mini moment of joy when I can switch gears to family time putting my workday behind me until the next day.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.