Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

How much do you pay a high school babysitter?

Home Forums Parenting General Parenting How much do you pay a high school babysitter?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Amy Gomez Amy Gomez 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

One of our neighbors, a high school girl, will be watching my son one afternoon per week. How much per hour do people typically pay high schoolers to babysit? I’ve only really used family and older, college-aged sitters in the past.

Profile photo of Nala
    Nala

In the past, I’ve paid somewhere between $10-15/hr, depending on things like the time of day, length of time, etc.

Profile photo of Nala
    Nala

In the past, I’ve paid somewhere between $10-15/hr, depending on things like the time of day, length of time, etc.

Profile photo of Amy Gomez
    Amy Gomez
    Participant

For 2 small children (under 4) we pay:

High school sitters $10/hour for 2 kids
    Mother’s Helper (11-13 years) $5/hour (never left totally alone with kids)
    College or Adult sitters $15/hour but I think it would probably be more like $18 if I found someone new.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.