Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

How much screen time do you allow for your kids?

Home Forums Parenting General Parenting How much screen time do you allow for your kids?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Macy Macy 6 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m having a tough time limited screen time during the day when it comes to my pre-k son and the various kinds of tech we have at our house. He spends a lot of time on the ipad and with my phone. Mostly, he’s playing educational games…but still, screen time is screen time. Or is it? How much time do you give your kids to play on ipads, etc. each day? Do you set limits?

Profile photo of Macy
    Macy

Ugh, I’m also guilty of this. I’ve had success in managing screen time when it comes to television. But, iPads are a whole different beast! My kids are allowed to watch select TV shows during the week, no more than a few hours over the course of the entire week. But, I don’t really have rules for the iPad. As long as school work is done (for my 2nd grader), it’s allowed.

Profile photo of

For really little ones, using the iPad as a distractor tool at restaraunts, in the car, etc. is so convenient. I don’t even think of it as screen time, though I guess it really is. I agree with MsMacy that it’s much easier to control TV time. Maybe because it doesn’t travel with you everywhere the way tablet devices do…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.