Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Inviting Classmates to a Birthday Party

Home Forums Family Fun & Activities Inviting Classmates to a Birthday Party

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of   5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Allison
    Allison
    Participant

When do children normally start inviting classmates to their birthday parties? Is it customary to do so in preschool? My daughters classmates started inviting her to their birthday parties and I don’t want her missing out on anything so I’ve let her attend, but her birthday is aproaching next month and I won’t be inviting them only because she has cousins around the same age as her that will be attending. At this age, parents are also required to stay for the duration of the party which is another reason I dread going to birthday parties.  I haven’t made any real connections with other parents and the thought of sparking up conversation for 2 whole hours is scary! Just curious as to other thoughts. Did you invite your child’s classmates to birthday parties while in preschool?

Profile photo of

I’m of the belief that before the school age years, it really can go either way. I don’t think there’s really a rule about it. It becomes more common for kids to want to invite certain friends once they get a bit older, but when they’re still in preschool, I think the decision can be up to you. If you want to keep the party small or just limited to family, that is definitely ok.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.