Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Mother's Day gifts that kids can make

Home Forums Family Fun & Activities Mother's Day gifts that kids can make

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Amy Amy 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Caty
    Caty
    Keymaster

Mother’s Day is coming up soon! Are your kids making gifts for mom, grandmas, aunts or other special ladies in their lives? We recently shared some fun ideas for homemade Mother’s Day gifts on the Family Room blog: http://blogs.brighthorizons.com/familyroom/socialparenting-10-homemade-mothers-day-gifts-for-kids-to-make/

Do you have other homemade gift ideas to share? What projects are your kids working on to show mom they care?

Sarah Montague
    Participant

As a full-time working Mom, let me share a few of the best Mother’s Day gifts I have received(and they are not time consuming or expensive to make/buy):

I got a whole day off from usual weekend household stuff to go hiking with my family

My son made me coupons for “hugs on demand,” “help cleaning the kitchen” and “Dad and Jack will make dinner.”

My son and husband picked out some colorful potted flowers I can transplant to my tiny but precious raised bed garden.

Really yummy dark chocolate works too.

Amy
    Amy
    Participant

A kid-free day of outlet shopping! My mom, sister and I have been doing this since I was in college. For a few minutes every year, I feel guilty about not spending the day with my kids. But I love having a day mostly free of guilt for taking “me” time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.