Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Need advice for weaning my baby

Home Forums Parenting Infant Need advice for weaning my baby

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Karrie Triola Karrie Triola 5 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m ready to start weaning my baby, but I don’t know if my baby is going to agree to this plan. I’ve been lucky, she’s a good feeder. But with everything going on in life right now, moving away from breastfeeding is what will work best for our family. Does anyone have ideas for how to best gest started with the weaning process? 

If you are able to, weaning gradually may be an easier route if you’re not sure that your baby is quite eager for the process to start. Gradually cut down on nursing nessions over time and see how she responds. Be ok with the fact that this process might not happen over night and don’t get frustrated if it doesn’t! It’s just another one of those phases in parenting where each parent/child situation is different. Best of luck!

Profile photo of Lora Sapir
    Lora Sapir

Agreed, consider going gradually. It’ll be easier on your baby and may be less painful for you. Take away one feeding at a time, let your supply decrease naturally as a result. When ready, repeat. Best wishes, I hope it all goes well!

Profile photo of

Rather than giving concrete advice (the process works differently for everyone), I’d just say remmber to be patient with yourself and patient with you baby. Weaning comes easily for some infants and not so easy for others. You can be on your own timeline. No right or wrong way with this one as long as it works for you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.