Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Nervous about transition to full-day Kindergarten

Home Forums Parenting Kindergarten & School Age Nervous about transition to full-day Kindergarten

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dasia Dasia 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Colleen
    Colleen

My daughter is starting Kindergarten this fall and I’m getting nervous about the transition. Academically, I feel like she’ll do just fine. I’m more worried about her getting used to being in school all day long. She was always in childcare and preschool part-time..and either for half days or if she was there a full day, there were always naps. I’m wondering if there’s any way for me to start helping her prep for a full-day schedule now that we still have a month to go until school starts. Any ideas? Did anyone else’s kids have trouble with a schedule change like this?

Profile photo of Dasia
    Dasia

Do you have a week or two in between when she will stop going to child care and start Kindergaten? If so, start training her away from taking naps during that time period. Start with allowing her to take very short naps and slowly make them shorter and shorter.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.