Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

One year old waking up with nightmares?

Home Forums Parenting Toddler One year old waking up with nightmares?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Caty Trio 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of

My one year old has been waking up SCREAMING lately. It’s happening once or twice a week. She occasionally wakes up crying, like all kids do, but in these particular instances she sounds way more frantic. She’s fine as soon as I run to comfort her. The only thing I can figure is that she must be having a nightmare… Has anyone dealt with this with a child so young? Not sure what else I can do besides go to her and comfort her until she falls asleep again.

Caty Trio
    Participant

Hi BrandNewMommy. There is a really useful e-family news article about children’s nightmares and night terrors. Some of the advice tends to skew a bit older for age of child, but you may be able still find some good insight here.

Cries in the Night: Nightmares & Night Terrors

http://www.brighthorizons.com/efamily-news/articles/october-26-2011-cries-in-the-night-nightmares-and-night-terrors 

Profile photo of Dasia
    Dasia

It very well could be nightmares. If that’s the case, going to your daughter and comforting her is really the best solution. If they’re happening really frequently, it might be something you want to bring up to your pediatrician.

Another thought…is your daughter teething? Sometimes that can cause discomfort and crying during the night.

I second the teething comment! It might be that. My son had awful discomfort at night time when he was going through the teething phase.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.