Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Pumpkin crafts for Fall

Home Forums Family Fun & Activities Pumpkin crafts for Fall

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chrystal Terhune Chrystal Terhune 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of

I love the fall season and I’d like to start a family tradition of carving pumpkins with my little one. However, he’s still a little too young for the carving part. In the meantime, are there some good pumpkin crafts I can do with my son? Is finger painting pumpkins the way to go? We’re going pumpkin picking soon and I’d love to have some crafts to do with him…ones that do not involve sharp objects!

pumpkin-seed-pumpkin.jpgThis is cute with the seeds colored

Caty Trio
    Participant

That is so cute, Chrystal!

Profile photo of

Awesome pumpkin craft! I think we might try to do some pumpkin painting this weekend…unless I come up with a more creative idea. If you have any, let me know.

Profile photo of Colleen
    Colleen

Baking pumpkin treats is another way to involved small children in some fall fun! Pumpkin chocolate chip cookes and pumpkin pie are among the favorite recipes in our house.

Toya C
    Participant

You can have your son decorate a fake pumpkin with markers. It’s usually far less clean-up time (your child and the floor!) than using paint and you can keep the actual pumpkin a whole lot longer.

Caty Trio
    Participant

Hi TonysMama! We loved your question and used it as a jumping off point to do some research and solicit some more ideas for non-carve pumpkin decorating options for children. Check out this post on the Family Room blog for more crafts and activities to do during the remainder of Fall….

No-Carve Pumpkin Decorating for Kids

http://blogs.brighthorizons.com/momtomom/2013/10/19/socialparenting-no-carve-pumpkin-decorating-for-kids/

Profile photo of

Awesome! Love those ideas! Thank you, everyone. We have a lot of crafting to do in our house now. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.