Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Quality snow gear for toddlers?

Home Forums Parenting Toddler Quality snow gear for toddlers?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nisreen Sleiman Pennington Nisreen Sleiman Pennington 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of

My daughter is growing like a weed these days and seems to be growing out of all her clothes fast! We live in the northeast and therefore snow gear is a must. But, she already is about grown out of her current cold wearther clothing/jacket/snow pants. Where do you all buy affortable (since kids grow fast) yet quality winter gear for kids? Particualarly, for toddlers?

Once Upon a Child is a great source. You are right. They grow so fast and it’s a challenge to keep up. I started going there because my first born is a boy and I didn’t want to hyper focus on him keeping his clothes clean. When I pay no more than $6 for a pant or shirt, it makes it a lot easier to leave them be kids. I’ve had great luck with snow jackets, boots, and pants. I don’t buy intimates from there like pajamas or socks or underwear but all else, Once Upon a Child is a great source for me!

I like to hit the Macy’s sales with coupons for 20% off at the end of season sales. I buy for the next year in 2 sizes. North face is a great brand that can be passed down. REI also has great sales on infant toddler clothes. We’ve bought brand new Columbia gear for $8 – $16.

Kate Teece
    Participant

I agree with "Once Upon a Child." Also I like to go to second-hand stores like Savers. One thing that we’ve done this year — when it’s not too cold that we can get away with it — is dressing our 2.5 year old boy in a thin fleece jacket when he’s in the carseat, and draping a warmer winter coat over him like a blanket. I do get concerned about fastening the buckles in the carseat with such a thick coat; I really think that compromises safety. Last fall I bought a thin fleece jacket (Target, $18) one size too big with the hopes that it would carry us through the long cold season. I think it was a good purchase.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.