Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

s/o of the potty post – how to potty train when toddler room at daycare doesn’t use potties

Home Forums Parenting Toddler s/o of the potty post – how to potty train when toddler room at daycare doesn’t use potties

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Erica Boos 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

A spin-off of the other thread – it is time for us to begin potty training my toddler, but I am concerned about spinning wheels with her being that her toddler daycare room doesn’t use the potty.

Is it worth trying to start using the potty in the evenings and the weekends at home, only to go back to fully using diapers in the classroom? Or should we just wait until our toddler is in a daycare room where they are using potties?

Thanks.

Erica Boos
    Participant

Consistency is really key at this time. Have you discussed your child’s readiness with the teachers or adminstration? Do they have a way for a teacher to bring your child to use the toilet in another room?

That is a great suggestion Erica. I would also recommend speaking with your child’s teachers about his/her readiness to toilet train. If your child is indeed expressing interest and showing signs of being ready, Toddler teachers may be able to support the training in school if the ratios permit them leaving to use another class’ bathroom. Consistency is important, but I don’t think you have to keep the entire process on hold if school cannot accommodate your needs in the beginning stages. The most important aspect in making the process successful is to follow your child’s ques. Good luck!

Thanks for the responses, all.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.