Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Solid food to pack for a baby’s lunch

Home Forums Parenting Infant Solid food to pack for a baby’s lunch

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rita Murphy Rita Murphy 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of

Once your baby begins to experiment with solid foods, what are good ideas for items to pack in their lunch?

My son was a big fan of fruits and cheese. They’re easy to cut up into small pieces and send along in a lunchbox.

As an infant teacher since 2001, I would say to send soft fruits and vegetables that they have already tried in jars or already had at home to be sure there are no food allergies. Our center supplies menus so we send a menu home for the parents to "highlight" what the child can try. We make sure to cut up the food SWALLOW SIZE not bite size since infants can not chew up their food before swallowing!

What a great way to describe the size!  I am stressing about giving my son fingerfood for the first time.  Cutting up the pieces to the right size is the main reason.  Thanks!

Profile photo of Dasia
    Dasia
    Good luck with the finger food, jfaulknerb! Just remember to start with really small pieces of very soft food and work your way up from there. Let your child take the lead…you’ll be amazed how quickly they pick up this skill. It’s something that seems so scary to us as parents and before you know it, they’re eating regular meals!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.