Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Stroller suggestions?

Home Forums Parenting Pregnancy Stroller suggestions?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kathi Jenness Kathi Jenness 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kate
    Kate
    Keymaster

I’m looking to purchase/register for a stroller and need some suggestions. I’d like more of a utility stroller but it seems like all the recommended strollers in that catergory are $500 plus. Any suggestions for a more moderately priced but durable/user-friendly stroller?

I would never, ever go without a MacLaren stroller.  We bought it for a trip to Europe when my oldest was 4.  It was lightweight, comfortable for him as well as for us (we didn’t kick it every time we took a step and the handles were high enough for my tall husband to use it without bending over).  It weighed something like 4 lbs, so it was super easy to carry around on trains when we were commuting.  It folds up really nicely too. 

I agree! L-O-V-E my Maclaren (we have a Triumph). It is lightweight and very easy to steer. My only two qualms are that the basket underneath is somewhat small and there are no cup holders (easy remedy for the latter).

Amy
    Amy
    Participant

I also swear by the Maclaren for everyday use. It’s easy to use and store. We also had a jogging stroller (a Mountain Buggy) that we loved but definitely only used for long walks or in places that were more offroad or our daughter was going to be in for an extended period of time.

I also found the storage was lacking in the Maclaren. We bought an added hanging bag that had cup holders though the cup holders were sort of hard to use.

We used the same Maclaren XT Techno stroller for both of our children and LOVED it! It held up beautifully during 6 years of use. It was perfect to travel with and easy to close one handed when you are out alone with your baby. It is also one of the few strollers I found at the time that reclined all the way for naps. We didn’t begin using the Maclaren until each child was around 6-8 months. Before that we used their bucket car seat and partnered it with a set of collapsible wheels by Baby Trend (I think). They are very convenient and easy to use.

Mary
    Mary
    Participant

I loved my inglesina zippy for child #1.  It has a one had closer and was a great everyday stroller that worked with or without just about any carseat.  And then I had my 2nd child.  If I’d only thought ahead a few years…  We know have the Phil & Ted’s Dash double stroller.  Wow – have I been missing out.  Yes this stroller is heavy but it turns on a dime, is still narrow enough to fit through most aisles and both my kids LOVE it.  My oldest oddly likes to sit in the back (even though I swear she must be cramped back there).  it can easily become a stroller for one or add on the backseat and a stroller for 2.  If you plan to have more than 1 child, by a stroller that can transform now.  I wish I had listened to everyone who told me that.  My zippy now sits in my garage collecting dust.

email me.

ryan.kellinger@gmail.com

I don’t have time to talk now but I have a lot of info to share with you. I am a father of six.

Media Mom
    Media Mom
    Participant

I had the super-inexpensive Graco Metrolite for my first child. I didn’t love the way the five-point harness worked (unnecessarily complex), but other than that it was great. It worked with our Graco car seat, is very light, easy to fold, and has an awesome basket. When I bought it together with the car seat, the whole shebang was $199. I still use it for baby #2. My sister subsequently gave us her old Bugaboo, and I can’t stand it. It’s heavy to the point that I find it difficult to maneuver, and I would NEVER plan to take it in and out of the car. You also need lessons for how to use every single feature.

I’ve been very intrigued by the UppaBaby strollers, and people I know who have them love them.

I love our Phil and Ted’s jogging stroller.  It works beautifully for running, but also fits most places that regular strollers fit, and for $90 we were able to get a jump seat when our second was born, allowing us to push both children around with just the one stroller and without taking up any more space in the car or store aisles.  It wasn’t cheap, but well below $500 (maybe high 200s or low 300s).  We also have a Perego that we love for crowded stores because it is smaller, folds super fast and easy and fits carseats well.

Kate
    Kate
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestions! We ended up being gifted a Mamas & Papas Sola stroller which I love. It has an adaptor that goes with our carseat and is as smooth as most jogging strollers we tried. Of course, at this point, I’ve only tested the stroller around the driveway/house with nothing in it so the real test will come in a few weeks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.