Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Summer activities for children of wide-age span

Home Forums Family Fun & Activities Summer activities for children of wide-age span

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Macy Macy 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nala
    Nala

This will be my first summer as a parent of two. I have an infant and a kinfergartener. In the past, it was easy to come up with summer outing activities because I just had one child to focus on. Anything we did just had to be appropriate for her age-level. Now I have two children at VERY different stages developmentally. I’d love ideas for things we could do as a family that would be appropriate for both a kindergartener and a baby…

Profile photo of Macy
    Macy

Luckily, when you have an infant, they are still portable and pretty agreeable to go along with any plan! You can still tailor a lot of your summer activities to the interests of your old child. It’ll in a few more years when you havea  toddler/preschooler and a school ager that things get tricky!

Trips to the library (many of them have summer reading programs for school agers) are good. Beach trips, if there are beaches nearby (just make sure to have lots of sunscreen and a way to keep the baby in the shade!). Going for walks as a family is always fun too, especially because you can bring along a stroller for the little one.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.