Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Teaching very young children about about diversity & other cultures

Home Forums Parenting General Parenting Teaching very young children about about diversity & other cultures

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rita Murphy 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Rita Murphy
    Participant

My son came home from school last week with a project he worked on in his class to learn about and celebrate African-American history month. It got me thinking about how to continue the conversation at home with both him and his younger sibling (age 2). As a parent, I want my kids to appreciate other cultures and celebrate diversity…but wonder what’s the best way to have these conversations with very young kids? My first thought was by introducing them to good children’s books about these topics. Do other parents have suggestions for children’s books on diversity, cultural celebrations (African-American history month, etc.)? And, any other ideas for continuing conversations about these topics at home with very young kids?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.