Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Thanksgiving – what are your children thankful for?

Home Forums Family Fun & Activities Thanksgiving – what are your children thankful for?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Colleen Colleen 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of

Last year around Thanksgiving time in my daughter’s preschool classroom, all of the children were asked to share a list of what they were thankful for. I have to say, I was impressed by what she came up with! Ice cream topped the list (and who could blame her?), but daddy and I made it, too. Check out her entire list on the Mom to Mom blog.

This is a great activity to do with kids around the holidays and I can’t wait to see what her list looks like this year. What do you think your kids will say they are thankful for? Try it at home – you might be surprised by the answers!

Profile photo of Colleen
    Colleen

I asked my daughter to make her list last night. A few highlights that made the list – mommy, daddy, grandma, Snuggles (our hampster!), candy (not so thrilled about that one), turkey (must have been top of mind!) and Dora the Explorer. Not a bad list overall!

I’m now trying to get my family to periodically say what they are grateful for at other times during the year too, it helps keep things in perspective. Recently I brought the conversation up at the dinner table and he mentioned family and friends and then looked over towards his play table in the room  and said, "and of course, LEGOs!"

Profile photo of Macy
    Macy

Over the Thanksgiving dinner table, my preschooler announced to the whole family that he’s most thankful for his Cars (from the movie) toys and for our dog! It’s a start. :smileyhappy:

Profile photo of

We’re having our family over for Thanksgiving…including 5 kids…I think this will be a fun dinner conversation to have with everyone! I’ll report back. :smileyhappy:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.