Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

The Challenges of Caring for a Loved One with Alzheimer’s

Home Forums Family Health & Wellness The Challenges of Caring for a Loved One with Alzheimer’s

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah Montague 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Caty
    Caty
    Keymaster

Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease can be challenging and emotional for families. Scheduling and managing care, understanding your loved one’s needs, and providing support are critical roles of a caregiver that can be tough to navigate.

Bright Horizons is hosting a webinar: Caring for a Loved One with Alzheimer’s: Support Strategies for Families at 3 p.m. EST today – June 12, 2014. Register here: http://event.on24.com/r.htm?e=784738&s=1&k=97F6F51932D383CD44ECEBC8F5CE02EB&partnerref=alzFamilyRoom. If you are unable to make the webinar live, we will make a recording available shortly after the broadcast.

Are you caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s? What challenges are you facing as you support your loved one while balancing work, life and family?

Caty
    Caty
    Keymaster

If you were unable to attend the webinar live, you can now view an archive of Caring for a Loved One with Alzheimer’s: Support Strategies for Families: http://www.brighthorizons.com/family-resources/parenting-tips-webinar/caring-for-a-parent-with-alzheimers/

Sarah Montague
    Participant

I was impressed with the great conversation in the chat rooom during the webinar. The attendees really supported one another with ideas and strategies. One of the hardest things for me right before my mother was diagnosed was I had trouble getting her to agree to go see her doctor with me. Finally I had the idea to solicit the help of my mother’s very kind neighbor who agreed to “remind” my mother of the appointment for her annual check up and offer to take her to the doctor’s office. I then met them there and was able to speak to my mother’s doctor about my observations on what did not appear to me to be simple “senior” moments.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.