Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Transitioning infant (3mo) to crib from basinet

Home Forums Parenting Infant Transitioning infant (3mo) to crib from basinet

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amy Farber 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

J.R.
    Participant

Our daughter just started daycare, and we’re trying to work out how to get her more comfortable sleeping in a crib. She sleeps super well in her basinet at home – up to 8 hours actually, and in fact she’d probably go longer except that we wake her up to feed her. But in the crib, at home or at BH, she rarely sleeps much more than an hour. I don’t think it’s just because it’s daytime and it’s a nap versus night sleep.

We do swaddle her, and have tried leaving an arm out because she’s starting to suck her fingers. I’m think maybe she just likes the “nestled in” feeling of the basinet. Of course, BH can’t put anything in the crib to simulate that feeling and I’m concerned about the safety of that at home too. Any suggestions other than to just keep trying and that she’ll get the hang of it as she gets older?

Amy Farber
    Participant

Have you thought about getting a Zipadee-Zip from Sleeping Baby? It’s great for swaddle transitions! My LO likes moving around and he easily breaks out of his swaddle. My little guys loves his Zipadee-Zip because he likes the comfortable, womb-like environment that the Zippy provides but he has freedom to move around. P.S the Zippy is breathable and my LO doesn’t overheat!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.