Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Video game overload

Home Forums Parenting Kindergarten & School Age Video game overload

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Colleen Colleen 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Toya C
    Participant

My son is suddenly really into video games. It’s becoming a problem. He’s limited to only 30 min a day and he’s been really fighting me on it lately… it’s always "please mom, I just need to beat this last level!" As far as screen time goes, I don’t konw that video games are the best type, but it seems to be very ingrained in little boy culture…all of my son’s friends play, too.

Does anyone have advice on managing video game overload? I don’t want this to become a problem.

Profile photo of Colleen
    Colleen

My daughter is the same way, not about video games, but about certain games she likes to play on our iPad. We had to set time limits, and while there was some push back and whining at first, now she knows the rules. Just be very firm and don’t allow for exceptions. It might be hard, but in the long run it’ll make it easer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.