Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

What to pack for vacation?

Home Forums Parenting Toddler What to pack for vacation?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rita Murphy Rita Murphy 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MomtoMom
    MomtoMom

We’re leaving for our first fly-away vacation (to Florida) next week with our toddler and I’m at a loss for what to pack! We’ve gone on lots of driving trips and are so used to being able to load up the car with everything imaginable that I’m not sure how we’ll fit everything we need for Liam in a few suitcases. Any tips from well traveled families? What things are necessities and what can we leave at home?

Delicious Baby has a great checklist of things to pack when traveling with young children. They also have a list of ideas of items to pack in a child’s carry-on bag for airline travel, as well as specialty packing lists for certain occations. I’ve shared this list with lots of friends over time and they’ve found it really useful…

Profile photo of Dasia
    Dasia

My best tip would be to not overpack! Traveling with kids really gives new urgency to the idea of traveling light. You’ll have enough to lug around with the little one and the very necessities! No need to for too many extra pairs of shoes and clothes that you MIGHT need. Unless your traveling out in the wilderness, you can always make an emergency shopping trip for extra items should the need arise. Have fun!

Caty Trio
    Participant

Here are a couple good e-family news articles around the topic of traveling with children:

Up in the Air: Flying with Children

Vacation Plus? On the Road with Children

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.