Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

When did you start brushing your child’s teeth regularly?

Home Forums Family Health & Wellness When did you start brushing your child’s teeth regularly?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Blog Editor Blog Editor 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

When did you start brushing your chid’s teeth on a regular basis and how often? I’ve been brushing my son’s teeth to some degree since they started coming in, but not every night. Is this something that needs to be done with a child under 2? Or less regularly?

Profile photo of Blog Editor
    Blog Editor
    Keymaster

When you go in for your next dentist appointment, don’t hesitate to ask.  In our case, we’ve done it every night since each child was 2 but with our 3 year old, we’re still on the training toothpaste because he hates regular toothpaste.  I know we need to switch him to something with flouride.

We just bought them both electric toothbrushes (the ones they can decorate).  Now they love brushing their teeth even more!

We started brushing my son’s teeth fairly regularly around age 2.5. Our problem is that he absolutely hates it. I might have to try Mary’s suggestion of getting him an electronic toothbrush. That’s a great idea!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.