Blog Community
Welcome/Getting Started Parenting Early Education Family Health & Wellness Family Fun & Activities

Worried about 3 year old

Home Forums Parenting Toddler Worried about 3 year old

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  frodolover58 . 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

frodolover58 .
    Participant

Hello! My son is 3 years and 3 months. I’m very worried because he recently started preschool and had a speech screening there. The SLP raised concerns and wants a formal evaluation. She said because he still speaks in around 3 word sentences, phrases, and uses a lot of labeling. His articulation is a little poor apparently and he wasn’t asking questions etc. He can’t tell you about his day yet but tries. He did play with the SLP and engage her. She also commented that he still uses parallel play (it was his 4th day there is all). But he engages us at home all the time though plays by himself easily too. I have seen him engage peers his own age. He says hi to people all the time too and demonstrates empathy. I think he makes ok eye contact. He lines up his cars a lot but not obsessively and he plays with other stuff too. He does have an imagination. He walks on his toes, doesn’t like the sun in his eyes (though doesn’t tantrum over it just covers them up). No issues with noises, crowds, etc. He loves going places. He LOVES fire trucks and cars, always has to point them out. Water too this seems odd? Like if we drive by a river or pool, sprinklers on, etc. He has to point it out. Thoughts?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.