Family Recipe: Brown Rice Crispy Treats
Most of us love a good rice crispy treat as an afternoon snack! With the help of The Food Network, we found a new way for your family to enjoy this childhood favorite. Not only can kids help make this fun dessert, but it’s also an easy item to pack in their lunchbox. Check out the recipe below for a homemade, healthier alternative to rice crispy treats that is just as delicious.
BROWN RICE CRISPY TREATS
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10-ounce) bag marshmallows
- 6 cups brown rice cereal, such as Koala Crisp
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame or sunflower seeds (optional)
Make Brown Rice Crispy Treats in just a few steps! See detailed instructions here. Use cookie cutters to make fun shapes.
What are your kids’ favorite healthy homemade treats?
- E-family News: Healthy Lunchbox Recipes
- Family Recipes: Homemade Applesauce
- Read more posts about family recipes