Family Recipe: Caramel Apple Crisp
Nothing says fall like apples. And what’s more seasonally delicious than apple crisp? This caramel apple crisp recipe, a twist on traditional apple crisp, will definitely be a crowd pleaser – and it’ll make the house smell fantastic while it’s baking!
Are you and your kids going apple picking this month? If so, be sure to keep this caramel apple crisp recipe handy to reward the family with a post-picking treat.
- 4 medium apples, sliced (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 jar of caramel sauce …or more, to your taste!
- Ice cream, if desired
1. Heat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
2. Spread the sliced apples in your pan. In a medium bowl, stir the remaining ingredients (except caramel and ice cream) until well mixed.
3. Dust the crumble mixture over the apples.
4. Bake for about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
5. Drizzle caramel over the top of the cooked crisp and serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
Do you have a favorite apple crisp recipe? Share it with us in the comments section below.