Family Recipes: Acorn Candy Cookies
Do you have your menu set for Thanksgiving on Thursday? What about the dessert menu? This recipe for acorn candy cookies, courtesy of allrecipes.com, makes for a simple, last-minute addition to your Thanksgiving feast. These cookies call for very few ingredients and the instructions for assembly are so easy that even younger kids can help in the process. Media Mom is having her 7-year-old daughter assemble them all by herself this weekend! See how else Media Mom is involving her kids in Thanksgiving prep.
Cookie baking as a family is always a fun holiday activity, and one that requires no actual baking is even better!
Acorn Candy Cookies Recipe
- 1 tablespoon prepared chocolate frosting
- 24 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- 24 mini vanilla wafer cookies
- 24 butterscotch chips (can substitute with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc.)
1. Smear a small amount of frosting onto the flat bottom of a candy kiss.
2. Press onto the flat bottom of the vanilla wafer.
3. Smear a little more frosting onto the flat bottom of a butterscotch chip, and press onto the rounded top of the cookie. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4. Set aside to dry, about 30 minutes.
- E-family news: Thanksgiving Lessons for Children – Celebrating Gratitude & Family
- Bright Horizons Online Community: Thanksgiving Foods Kids Will Actually Eat?
- Bright Horizons on Pinterest: Find Thanksgiving ideas on our Holidays Board
- Read more posts about Thanksgiving and posts about family recipes from the Family Room bloggers