Family Recipes: Avocado, Grilled Corn and Red Pepper Orzo Salad
If there was an unofficial list of all-star summer foods, avocados would surely make an appearance. It seems the versatile avocado is all over recipe hubs like Pinterest during the summer months and is the featured ingredient in many delicious summer dishes. Family Room blogger, Mary, has expressed her love of avocados in the past (particularly while committing to a Paleo diet) and recently shared one of her favorite avocado-themed summer recipes: Avocado, Grilled Corn and Red Pepper Orzo Salad
Avocado, Grilled Corn and Red Pepper Orzo Salad Recipe
- 2 ears grilled corn, kernels removed
- 1 diced red bell pepper (grilled or raw)
- 1 diced avocado
- 1 thinly sliced green onion (green part only)
- 2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In bowl, mix vegetables with orzo and parsley.
2. Whisk together oil, vinegar and lemon juice – add to pasta mixture.
3. Add salt, pepper.
4. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!